Sunday, October 5, 2008

She Likes to Move It, Move It

I remember the first time I felt Kennedy (some 11 years ago) - it was just like the books and all described it: like butterflies. With Flipper, she made herself known in no uncertain terms, skipping the butterfly phase and going straight for a healthy push. She goes through bouts of moving around, pushing and kicking, and I'm never sure of exactly what it means; some days are more active than others, though. One particular day about a week or so ago, she got fired up about us singing the Beatles' "Twist and Shout" and didn't quiet down for some time (hopefully this means she's a Beatles fan as opposed to punishing me for my vocal skills). All this movement, however, is felt pretty much by me at this point with no real impact on external feelers. I might be sitting around feeling a few notices of her presence and tell Steven, but by the time he reaches over it's done. It's almost like some game she's playing with him - I can almost imagine her giggling behind her little hand ("Ha ha Daddy! Try to catch me!"). She's lying on her side at this point, so at least we know where her feet are most of the time (and I know where her feet are every time she stretches and kicks- shees!).

No comments: